FuzziBunz One-Size Diapers


Type of Diaper: 

Pocket-Style

Average Unit Cost: 

$19.95 each (Includes one pocket diaper with 2 inserts and spare adjustment elastic)

Suggested Best Uses: 

Travel Diaper, Caregiver Diaper, Daytime Diaper, *Night-time Diaper

Availability:

Many online and bricks and mortar diaper specialty shops carry FuzziBunz around the world.

*Night-time use in my personal experience has depended largely on situation (growth development, wetness levels and fit). At times I have had periods of great success using extra pocket stuffers, while other times my little bub just wets too much at night and we've had leaks with not just this diaper, but many diaper styles.


FuzziBunz One-Size Diapers


FuzziBunz were the very first cloth diapers I bought for my Stash. Out of the thirty varieties included in my 1 week trial program from The Extraordinary Baby Shoppe, these were my favorite to use.

The FuzziBunz cloth diaper style that I tried was Perfect Size, (which were indeed, perfect for my little guy). I chose to buy the One-Size style to maximize my budget. Due to the sizing nature of these diapers, I have waited a few months before making a review in order to provide feedback on the experience.

How It Works

Fuzzibunz 'shells' are made from 2 pieces of fabric sewn together; an outer waterproof layer (PUL), and a moisture-wicking inner layer that touches babies skin (Polar Fleece). The absorbency comes from the 'stuffers' that you put into the pocket opening of these shells at the back of the diaper. Fuzzibunz package two microfiber inserts of slightly different sizes to be used on their own at different growth stages or together for added absorbency. You can also choose to experiment use other stuffers in your diaper stash. My personal favorite is adding a hemp liner to the Fuzzibunz liners for shopping or road trips.

The diaper is closed with two rows of plastic snaps that provide a good fit at different stages of development, allowing for a decent amount of sizing customization.

There is an added level of adjustment inside the elastics at the waist and both leg openings. On both ends of the elastic there are buttons sewn neatly into the diaper and the elastics have numbered holes that allow you to tighten or loosen the elastic as baby grows. A handy sizing chart is provided for your convenience, although I've found that there is some trial and error involved as babies aren't the same. My own little guy has a rather skinny waist but really chunky thighs, so I had a tighter waist while allowing for larger leg holes.

Best Features

These are great looking diapers! In my opinion, FuzziBunz are some of the cutest looking diapers on the market today. The color variety gives moms a lot of options for coordinating with boys' or girls' wardrobes and the lack of any pattern means they look great no matter what fashion choices you prefer.

I love the sizing customization. It was actually fun bringing these home, getting them ready with a few prep washes then sizing them in front of a good movie -- I made an mommy's night event out of it!

What I'd Like To See Enhanced With This Product

There isn't much fault I can find with this diaper. I've been using these diapers for eight months and have only had one very small period where I had trouble achieving the perfect fit, but this quickly remedied itself within a couple of weeks when my little guy grew into a new size.

It would be cool to see some neutral tones and a black option added to the color variety, specifically for little boys where clothing variety tends to be more neutral on the scale.

I'd also like to see more options for stuffers in terms of absorbency and bulkiness. While there are a lot of options available at my favorite diaper shop, I have noticed that other shops are more limited in stock based on their list of suppliers and stuffer variety is a must for different periods of wetness and size.

References & More Information

Fuzzibunz Official Website: http://www.fuzzibunz.com

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Jess Leanne said...

Great review! We too love our Fuzzis! We don't use them at night because we don't have hemp inserts and we have a heavy wetter. I will have to invest in some hemp inserts! Nicki's Diapers carries BLACK fuzzies exclusively and I think it's for a limited time only so go check them out!
Www.nickysdiapers.com

CuteePatootees said...

O M G! Those are gorgeous! I'm ordering some right now! Black needs to be in their permanent color collection IMHO! Thanks Jess!

Post a Comment