2 Months into Cloth Diapering

My son is now 3 months old, and has been in cloth diapers for two months. I can honestly say I regret not having him in cloth since day one that we came home from the hospital. I'd say day one, but I had a C Section and my husband, son and I were stuck in a room that was hotter than hell for 5 days without proper access to laundry, and my poor husband was taking care of both my son and I. He earned Father's Day in that 5 days alone!

I digress...

I barely know what it's like to use a disposable anymore. It's much like breastfeeding versus formula feeding for me. I tried formula a couple of times and thought "what a hassle". I recieved samples of formula and cloth diapers in the mail (amazing what happens when you register an infant with the government), and I got a diaper cake. I've looked at the cost of both in my supermarket and nearly lost my lunch at how much they cost! Call me frugal, but I don't get how something I produce myself can cost over $50 per week to feed my baby, or how a weeks worth of disposable diapers could equate to several cute cloth diaper choices or accessories.

I am glad that I don't have to worry about running out of either of these things... and that as long as I have water... I'm good!

There have been a couple of times that I considered using cloth diapers. One is when I needed to visit a client last week and my cousin was going to look after my son until my father said he was off the day. My cousin is one of those who swore I'd try cloth and would be back into disposables in a month... and did not use them herself on either of her two children. I have had similar resistance comments from a lot of people, but when I wave the cute multicolored pocket style diapers I use to travel with, a lot of those opinions turn into curiosity. I don't tell them about the truly basic diapers I use at night or when at home... baby steps!

Even I wouldn't have used a pre fold when I started looking in to this 8 months ago when I was a few months pregnant. Now, they're my preferred diaper for certain situations. I've become a diaper connoisseur so-to-speak!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment